Updates from Our Blog
- Canvassing for Local Elgin Candidates- Now is the time to help concerned individuals with democratic values get elected or reelected to local offices. You can help walk Elgin Township precincts, pass out palm cards and get yard signs out to active voters. You can help walk Elgin Township precincts, pass out palm cards and get yard signs out to active voters.
- League of Women Voters Candidate Forums- The League of Women Voters of the Elgin Area cordially invites you to participate in moderated Candidate Forums for the candidates running in the April Consolidated Election.
- February Meeting- At our Tuesday, February 19, 2019 meeting: Dr. John Perryman, a general pediatrician and co-president of Physicians for a National Health Program in northern Illinois, will speak about the push for single payer health care.
- Women in Elections: 2018 and 2020- Women played a key role as organizers and candidates in 2018. What lessons did we learn? How can we be more effective in 2020?
- Elgin City Council Campaign Kick-offs 2019- Meet some of the candidates for Elgin City Council at their various campaign kick-off events in the coming weeks. Baldemar Lopez, Tish Powell and Fred Moulton.
Upcoming Events This Week
Legislative Campaign Workshop
March 23, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Batavia Public Library, 10 S Batavia Ave, Batavia, IL 60510, USA
Dear Election Integrity Activists,
On Saturday, March 23rd, The Illinois Ballot Integrity Project will conduct a 90 minute workshop entitled “Campaigning for Election System Integrity”.
The workshop will be held at the Batavia Public Library and will run from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
The purpose of the workshop is:
- To provide instruction, guidance and resources to individual election integrity activists on conducting a legislative campaign.
- To prepare activists to identify to their State Representatives and State Senators and how to contact them.
- To create effective communications requesting legislator co-sponsorship and support for HB 2225 and SB 1197 (The Illinois Election Integrity Act).
The Founders Meeting Room will be set up with 60 chairs and 12 tables arranged in classroom style.
Campaign guidelines, documents and other resources will be provided to each participant.
Please feel free to invite a friend or relative.
For more information:
We hope to see you there.
Chair, Kane County Chapter
Illinois Ballot Integrity Project
Canvassing for Local Elgin Candidates
March 23, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
164 Division St., Suite 505-506, Elgin, IL 60120
Call to action for all Democrats
For too many years leadership focused on Federal Elections. Meanwhile the GOP quietly concentrated on local elections, winning city council and school boards positions with right wing individuals.
Now is the time to help concerned individuals with democratic values get elected or reelected to local offices. For list of candidates Elgin Township Democrats endorsed go to our web page Elgindems.org.
Grassroot canvassing for local candidates will be every Saturday, up until election day, starting at 10 AM. You can pick up palm cards or yard signs at 164 Division St Suite 505-506.
They need your help! If you can spare an hour or two each Saturday they will win.
If you have any questions you can contact Janice Bennett at 847-772-4463.
Democracy is not a spectator sport, tag your it.
More details here:
Candidate Forum: School District U-46 Board and ECC District 509 Trustees
March 23, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Gail Borden Public District Main Library, 270 N Grove Ave, Elgin, IL 60120, USA
The League of Women Voters of the Elgin Area cordially invites you to participate in a moderated Candidate Forum for the candidates running in the April Consolidated Election. Invited candidates include 8 candidates for 4 School Board seats with District U-46 and 5 candidates for 2 seats for Elgin Community College District 509 Trustee.
During the first half hour, voters will have the opportunity to talk informally to the candidates in a “Meet and Greet” before the Forum begins promptly at 10:30 am.
More Info Available Here:
Kane County Democrats
March 26, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Kane County Government Center, Building A, 719 S Batavia Ave, Geneva, IL 60134
Regular monthly meeting of the Kane County Democrats' central committee
Political donations are not deductible for income tax purposes. Reports regarding all donations requested on this site are or will be available from the Illinois State Board of Elections in Springfield, Illinois.