Updates from Our Blog
- Women in Elections: 2018 and 2020- Women played a key role as organizers and candidates in 2018. What lessons did we learn? How can we be more effective in 2020?
- Elgin City Council Campaign Kick-offs 2019- Meet some of the candidates for Elgin City Council at their various campaign kick-off events in the coming weeks. Baldemar Lopez, Tish Powell and Fred Moulton.
- January 2019 Meeting Featured Speaker Art Malm- Art Malm's presentation will provide Elgin Township Democrats with a first look at the elements of this debate that will literally shape the future of Our Fox River.
- The Truman Dinner 2019- The Truman Dinner is the Kane County Democrats' largest fundraiser and a wonderful opportunity to meet your elected officials, as well as candidates running in upcoming elections.
- Dundee Township Democrats Annual Kennedy Dinner and Fundraiser- Saturday, January 26, 2019, Randall Oaks Golf Club, 6:30 pm, Single ticket $55 each, Two or more tickets $50 each
Upcoming Events This Week
Kane County Democrats
January 22, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Kane County Government Center, Building A, 719 S Batavia Ave, Geneva, IL 60134
Regular monthly meeting of the Kane County Democrats' central committee
Tish Powell Campaign Kick off
January 24, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
D Hangout Bar and Grill, 550 S McLean Blvd, Elgin, IL 60123, USA
Please join the kick off of Tish Powell's re-election campaign for Elgin City Council! Come learn about her future priorities for the Elgin community and share your own as well! Includes a make your own taco bar (including vegetarian options) & soft drinks. A cash bar will also be available.
Sponsorship opportunities are available at the following levels:
To RSVP or to become a sponsor, please contact us at (224)388-6343 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan 20th. Tickets will be held at the door. Contributions can be made to Tish Powell, 2070 Muirfield Circle, Elgin, IL 60123.
Paid for by Friends of Tish Powell. A copy of our report filed with the Illinois State Board of Elections is (or will be) available at the Board’s website at www.elections.il.gov.
Political contributions are not tax deductible.
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/538955669911771/
January 24, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Gail Borden Public District Main Library, 270 N Grove Ave, Elgin, IL 60120, USA
Supervisor Ramirez's January guest will be Tom Hartwell, Kane County Circuit Court Clerk.
Every month Elgin Township Supervisor brings a different elected official in to talk about their roles and responsibilities and not their personal agenda or beliefs. "I want the community to have a better understanding on WHAT they are voting for on Election Day."
Please feel free to share this event with your networks and come and ask questions.
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/547548899080591/
Women in Elections: 2018 and 2020
January 26, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
IBEW Local 134, 2722 S. Martin Luther King JR. Drive, Chicago, IL 60616, USA
A RECAP ON WOMEN WINNING AND RUNNING SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGNS IN 2018 AND PREPARING FOR 2020.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 26, 2019
8:30 AM REGISTRATION
9:00 AM PROGRAM
11:45 AM NETWORKING & TRAINING SIGN-UP
IBEW LOCAL 134
2722 S. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DRIVE
FREE EVENT OPEN TO ALL WOMEN, RSVP MANDATORY
Women played a key role as organizers and candidates in 2018. What lessons did we learn? How can we be more effective in 2020?
Join us to hear firsthand from the women who engineered victories in 2018 and the campaign experts who executed the winning strategies. Join this powerful force in Illinois politics, learn the lessons of the last election, meet others who share our goals, and sign up for in-depth trainings to prepare to win in 2020.
Sponsored by U.S. Senator Dick Durbin, Illinois Women’s Institute for Leadership Training Academy, and the Illinois Democratic County Chairs’ Association.
Paid for by Friends of Dick Durbin, Illinois Democratic County Chairs’ Association, and Illinois Women’s Institute for Leadership Training Academy
Dundee Township Democrats Annual Kennedy Dinner and Fundraiser
January 26, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Randall Oaks Golf Club and Banquets, 4101 Binnie Rd, West Dundee, IL 60118, USA
Single ticket $55 each
Two or more tickets $50 each
followed by dessert and coffee
• Meet elected officials from local, state, and national offices
• Silent Auction for Great Prizes
Invited Speakers include:
• Dick Durbin, Senator
• Tammy Duckworth, Senator
• Sean Casten, Representative
• Raja Krishnamoorthi, Representative
• Cristina Castro, IL State Senator
• Anna Moeller, IL State Representative
• Mark Guethle, Chair Kane County Democrats
• Kristina Zahorik, President ILDCCA
• Patrick Watson, State Central Committeeman
• Nancy Shepherdson, State Central Committeewoman
• Trish Glees, Dundee Township Supervisor
• Chris Kious, Kane County Board Member
• Nancy Zettler, D300 School Board Candidate
• Jim Malone. Carpentersville Village Trustee Candidate
RSVP by January 11th
224 858-6951 or Email: email@example.com
Make checks payable to Dundee Township Democrats
1113 Crane Drive, Sleepy Hollow IL 60118
Or pay online using PayPal
More information here:
Political donations are not deductible for income tax purposes. Reports regarding all donations requested on this site are or will be available from the Illinois State Board of Elections in Springfield, Illinois.