Updates From Our Blog
The embedded YouTube slideshow features photos taken by Don Hare at the annual Elgin Township Democrats Eleanor Roosevelt dinner.
The Elgin Police Department is offering a 2020 Senior Citizen Police Academy. It will be five consecutive Wednesday mornings on May 13, May 20, May 27, June 3 and June 10.
Join us as Keynote Speaker Juliana Stratton tells us about her observations of Illinois politics and the progress that is being made in Springfield to help all of the residents of Illinois.
Upcoming Events This Week
Candidate Forum: 8th Congressional, IL Senate D 22, IL Senate D 25, IL Leg. D 65
February 19, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Gail Borden Public Library District: Main Library, 270 N Grove Ave, Elgin, IL 60120, USA
Hosted by League of Women Voters of the Elgin Area
The LWV of the Elgin Area cordially invites you to participate in a moderated Candidate Forum for the candidates running in the March General Primary Election.
During the first half-hour, voters will have the opportunity to talk informally to the candidates in a “Meet and Greet” before the Forum begins promptly at 6:30 pm.
Candidates for the following contested races have been invited to participate:
- Inam Hussain
- Raja Krishnamoorthi
- William Olson
Illinois Senate District 22:
- Cristina Castro
- Rae Yawer
Illinois Senate District 25:
- Beth Goncher
- Jeanette Ward
- Uncontested (Karina Villa will be on November ballot)
Illinois Legislative District 65
- Mohammed “Mo” Iqbal
- Martha Paschke
- Uncontested (Dan Ugaste will be on November ballot)
* Candidates will be allowed to participate even if their opponents do not attend except for federal offices, which must have at least two candidates present to participate.
The Primary Election is March 17th; Early Voting begins March 3rd
Candidate Forum - Rules & Guidelines
The League of Women Voters is a non-partisan, issue-oriented political organization that holds voter education as a primary mission. This is why the League sponsors forums such as this. We must abide by certain rules to respect the impartiality of the organization and the event. We do not endorse or recommend candidates for office and we are neutral with regard to the candidates who are the focus of this forum. Filming, other than by the League or its partners is not allowed.
- The League is not responsible for the accuracy of statements made by the candidates.
- The candidates will be requested to address a specific question(s) in their opening remarks.
- Audience questions will be written and collected by League members. Questions are to address issues, not personalities. The · League reserves the right to screen questions.
- Please write only one question per card, and there may not be time for all questions.
- Time limits for candidate responses will be enforced.
- No campaign buttons or the like will be allowed in the forum.
- Audience will remain silent and in their seats during the forum.
- Audience will not be permitted to respond in any audible way to the candidates.
RSVP on Facebook
February 19, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Wednesday nights at 7pm the Democratic Party of Illinois is hosting weekly webinars for people to attend and learn specific skills that will help you maximize your VAN usage. They will be recorded and added to a repository that you can request access to for further review.
Votebuilder Office Hours
February 21, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Fridays from 1pm-3pm the Democratic Party of Illinois will have open office hours via the web where you can log in and have a free-flowing conversation with Votebuilder staff to help you tie up any loose ends you might have before the weekend.
The Democratic Party of Illinois offers technical support to Votebuilder subscribers, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. You can request technical support by emailing DPIVFC@gmail.com or calling (312)578-1554. Closer to Primary Election Day we will be extending these hours. Please be aware that response times may increase during periods of heavy volume.
Kane County Democrats
February 25, 2020 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Kane County Government Center, Building A, 719 S Batavia Ave, Geneva, IL 60134
Regular monthly meeting of the Kane County Democrats' central committee
Political donations are not deductible for income tax purposes. Reports regarding all donations requested on this site are or will be available from the Illinois State Board of Elections in Springfield, Illinois.