Updates from Our Blog
- Blue Wave Thank You - ETD had a great turnout in a holiday week meeting. I would like to congratulate all of our candidates and our precinct people and all who helped make this a great turn out election. Keep it up.
- Rep. Anna Moeller’s LGBTQ Policy Forum with Equality Illinois - State Rep. Anna Moeller hosts an LGBTQ Policy Forum with Equality Illinois, the state's civil rights organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer Illinoisans. Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 6 PM – 8 PM. Gail Borden Public Library
- Emergency winter shelter in Elgin looking for volunteers - The emergency winter homeless shelter at First United Methodist Church in Elgin will be run for the first time this year by House of Restoration Community Outreach, a nonprofit headed by Lucy and Pedro Gomez. The shelter will be open when it's 15 degrees or colder.
- Dundee Dems Holiday Party - Join the Dundee Township Democrats for a holiday gathering to celebrate the year’s successes! Dinner menu will be available. Monday, December 10, 2018 at 7 PM. Emmett's West Dundee, 128 W Main St. West Dundee, IL 60118
- 20.1 million more people have health coverage with the ACA, let’s keep that going - The Daily Kos has a great article about how the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has improved healthcare for millions of Americans. The Centers for Disease Control confirm that the Affordable Care Act is still a big fucking deal. Since 2010, 20.1 million people have gained health insurance. That number will increase soon into the new […]
Upcoming Events This Week
Dundee Dems Holiday Party
December 10, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Emmett’s West Dundee, 128 W Main St., West Dundee, IL 60118
Join the Dundee Township Democrats for a holiday gathering to celebrate the year’s successes! Dinner menu will be available.
Monday, December 10, 2018 at 7 PM
Emmett’s West Dundee
128 W Main St.
West Dundee, IL 60118
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/198922971025893/
Rep. Anna Moeller’s LGBTQ Policy Forum with Equality Illinois
December 13, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Gail Borden Public Library, 270 N Grove Ave, Elgin, IL 60120
State Rep. Anna Moeller hosts an LGBTQ Policy Forum with Equality Illinois, the state’s civil rights organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer Illinoisans.
LGBTQ people are part of the fabric of the State of Illinois, where our pro-equality laws reflect our state’s values of inclusion, fairness, and the freedom to be who you are and love who you love without burden or discrimination. Yet, there is still significant work to be done. At this forum with Rep. Moeller and the team from Equality Illinois, learn about (1) the legal landscape in Illinois, (2) policy actions by the Trump Administration that impact the lives of LGBTQ people and families, and (3) how you can take action for LGBTQ-affirming change.
Rep. Moeller is the chief House sponsor of the Inclusive Curriculum Bill (SB 3249) during the 100th General Assembly (2017-18). The bill will ensure the contributions of LGBTQ people are included in the U.S. history curriculum taught in Illinois public schools.
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/2269321083351513/
Political donations are not deductible for income tax purposes. Reports regarding all donations requested on this site are or will be available from the Illinois State Board of Elections in Springfield, Illinois.