Documents, Speeches and Announcements
These documents are about or by Elgin Township Democrats.
Arizona Republic’s first ever endorsement of a Democrat for President
Arizona Republic’s endorsement provides a uniquely comprehensive view of the issues. Here’s a quick summary of what they wrote:
- Clinton has a steady hand, a cool head and the ability to think carefully before acting. Trump does not.
- Clinton’s flaws pale in comparison to Trump’s
- Arizona tried Trumps approach to immigration and it doesn’t work.
- Clinton champions gender equality and human rights. Trump lacks human decency, empathy and respect.
- Clinton has centrist roots that assure competent nominees to the Supreme Court. Trump is a wild card.
- Trump’s inability to control his own words represents a real threat to our nation’s security.
- A Clinton presidency is an opportunity to heal this nation. Trump offers a recipe for permanent civil discord.
Resolution in support of the Occupy Movement
The Elgin Township Democrats adopted a resolution in support of the Occupy Wall Street movement.
The Truth of the U.S. Economy in Graphs
Arthur P. Malm, vice chair, drafted “The Truth of the U.S. Economy in Graphs” in September 2012 and updated in July 2016.
Obama ‘Failures’ Didn’t Come True
A letter to the editor of the Daily Herald from Arthur P. Malm published on November 20, 2014.
A Democrat’s letter to Bruce Rauner from Raja Krishnamoorthi
An open letter to the newly elected governor, published November 28, 2014, by the Daily Herald.