Let’s start with each precinct committeeperson getting a list of strong Dems and visiting each and every one. If they don’t answer the door the first time, go back as many times as it takes to talk to them one-on-one. Can it be done in one month?
- to walk your precinct and really get acquainted with your constituents.
- to make sure that their phone numbers and email addresses are correct.
- to make sure that everyone in the household eligible to vote is registered.
- to answer any questions they may have.
- to invite them to our meetings and our website for current news.
- to make sure they know that they can meet candidates and elected officials at our meetings.
- to make sure that those who are disabled know how to get absentee ballots.
We can help get people registered to vote. We can help you learn to use Votebuilder. We can help you update Votebuilder information.
Next month move on to Leaning Dems and do the same. Beyond that, Independents, No Data, etc. voters can be contacted. Even Leaning Republicans if you feel brave enough.
MiniVAN is a mobile canvassing application that integrates with VoteBuilder. The MiniVAN system allows users to export canvassing lists from VAN onto an iOS or Android device. Canvassers can then enter data into their device as they talk to people on their list. When the canvassers connect their device to the Internet over a wireless or cellular network, they can upload their data back to the VAN with the touch of a button. Administrative users on the VAN can then review the data and apply it to the database in one quick step.